This weekend marks 40 years since we played our final game at our old Eirias Park ground.
Resuming after the Second World War, the Bay had played at Mochdre before they would move to a new pitch at Eirias Park at the start of the 1948/49 season.
Between the two World Wars Bay had previously played on another ground at Eirias Park, where today Eirias High School is located.
The Town Band was to play before and during the interval of that first match against Penrhyn Quarry in September 1948.
The Bay would beat the reigning champions Penrhyn Quarry 4-1 with K Williams opening the scoring after two minutes after Pilling had made the opening.
Cropper equalised in the 35th minute but Williams restored Bay’s lead three minutes before half time with goals in the second half scored by Parry and Edwards.
With the construction of the A55 Expressway during the early 1980s, the land was required to dump soil and the club played its final game there on 26th February 1983.
Bay faced Holyhead United Juniors in a North Wales Coast Challenge Cup second round tie with Paul Phillips and Billy Windle scoring the goals.
Work then began to dismantle the Eirias Park ground and the Bay would complete the 1982/83 season and the full 1983/84 at the adjacent Eirias Park Arena.
The club would move to our present home at Llanelian Road at the start of the 1984/85 with the Bay having joined the English system.
Today on the site of the old Eirias Park ground is The Barn where the current first team train.
With thanks to Norman Jones and Arthur Holden for the information.